25,000 UK SMEs boosted by Vouchers Scheme
The government’s Connection Vouchers Scheme has allowed more than 25000 small and medium sized businesses to benefit from superfast connectivity. The scheme offers grants of up to £3000 for businesses upgrading to superfast broadband and is open to eligible organisations in 50 cities across the UK.
The scheme is part of the government’s plan to achieve a transformation in broadband access to help cities across the UK be more competitive by creating more jobs and attracting new investment.
The programme is proving extremely popular, with the government issuing around 1,000 vouchers every week!
If you’re suffering from slow internet connection speeds, take advantage of this scheme and achieve faster and more reliable internet connection.
To apply, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be an SME, registered charity, social enterprise or sole trader
- Employ less than 250 staff or volunteers
- Your annual turnover must not exceed £41m
- Your annual balance sheet must not exceed £35m
- You have not received more than £120k in grants in the past 3 years
- Your business is located within an eligible area in one of the 50 Super Connected Cities taking part in the scheme – check your postcode
Which Cities are Eligible?
Aberdeen, Hull, Plymouth, Belfast, Inverness, Portsmouth, Birmingham, Ipswich, Preston, Bournemouth, Leeds, Bradford, Reading, Brighton and Hove, Leicester, Salford, Bristol, Liverpool, Sheffield, Cambridge, London, Southampton, Cardiff, Manchester, Southend on Sea, Chelmsford, Middlesbrough, Stirling, Coventry, Milton Keynes, Stoke on Trent, Derby, Newcastle, Sunderland, Derry/Londonderry, Newport, Swansea, Dundee, Norwich, Swindon, Edinburgh, Nottingham, Wolverhampton, Exeter, Oxford, York, Glasgow, Perth, Gloucester, Peterborough
How Much Support is Available?
You can obtain a grant of up to £3,000 to cover the cost of installation of a faster broadband. The minimum funding available under the scheme is £100. Please note that the grant does not cover your monthly broadband bills and cannot pay the VAT associated with the cost of your connection.
How Long will the Scheme Operate?
The scheme is set to run until 31 March 2016 and vouchers are awarded on a first come, first served basis.
Benefits of Superfast Connectivity?
Improving your internet access can help your business to:
- Increase your profits by offering better service to your customer
- Access new markets and customers previously beyond your reach
- Improve customer service with faster communication and information exchange
- Enhance security and improve data storage and accessibility
- Improve communication between employees, suppliers and partners
- Increase your staff productivity
- Equip your business with the latest technology to meet your customers’ needs
How we can help?
To find out if you are eligible for a government grant, contact us today and we will check your eligibility. For more information call 0800 316 7566.
For more information about this or any of our news items please call us on 0800 316 7566.