Warning Signs of an Outdated Telephone System
It is very easy to make a case for upgrading your business’ IT system. The new system
will be faster, simpler, more efficient while the latest software will bring new features, thus upgrading is usually the best direction. However, the same cannot be said when it comes to telecoms. For many businesses telephone systems always remain last on the list when it comes to upgrade time.
The most commons reasons for not upgrading are:
- Belief that new systems are expensive
- Fear that upgrading will cause disruption to the organisation
- Presumption that it is too complicated to upgrade
- The existing phone system works okay…
- Fear that extra money will have to be invested in staff training
- Concerns that employees are reluctant to change
However, staying with an outdated phone system could mean you are missing out on greater efficiencies and cost savings.
Telephone systems don’t just become obsolete overnight; the process can take years. As your company grows, new technologies and systems are being added, and your current telephone system can struggle to deliver the functionality and flexibility necessary for these changes.
Whether your system is 5, 8 or 10 years old, technology is always changing and your office telecoms infrastructure should be up-to-date to keep up with it.
There are a number of warning signs that you should watch out for in order to decide whether now is the right time to upgrade. Just ask yourself the following questions:
- Does the current set up match your future business strategy?
- Is your telecoms system expensive to maintain?
- How long does it take you to resolve the issues?
- Do you rely on external parties to implement any changes to the system?
- Do you use different telephone systems across your organisation & does it result in inconsistency?
- Are you struggling to integrate your telephone system with the latest applications?
- Are you finding it difficult to cope with increasing call volumes or during seasonal peaks?
- Is it easy to add new or move locations, or is it challenging to get new lines installed and integrate new sites with the rest of the organisation?
If your telephone system is showing any of the above signs, then it’s time to start thinking about upgrading.
Still not sure whether now is the right time to upgrade?
Let Opus Telecoms review your communication system to make sure it is still working for your business and not against it. To find out more call 0800 316 7566 or send us an email.