Opus has partnered with GovNewsDirect to carry out an independent survey into the role of unified communications in the public sector. The resulting survey report has been compiled from responses given by contact centre managers and controllers across a broad range of public sector agencies, including those in central and local government, education, healthcare, housing, blue light services and the third sector.
There were 439 individual respondents in total, 58% of whom were actively involved in communications service transformation. 396 unique organisations were surveyed, over half of which (56%) had staff numbers exceeding 1500.
The results of the survey are published here to allow those who took part and others to benchmark themselves against the wider public sector. The report also provides an insight into:
- The current state of communications and infrastructures in the public sector
- Where public sector organisations are on their digitial transformation journey
- The demand from citizens for omni channel customer service interactions
- The challenges faced ensuring telephony data use compliance with GDPR
- The advantages to be gained from migrating to unified communications